I am experiencing the same problem as noted at:
I am running 20.04 and GDM. I've also:
- Followed every suggestion I could find related to disabling kdWallet.
- Uninstalled lightDM (No luck)
- Reinstalled lightDM and switched to it
- Then back to GDM hoping some flag somewhere might get switched. (No luck)
- Uninstalled/Purged lightDM
When I call $ id I get:
jim@Cheyenne:~$ id uid=1000(jim) gid=0(root) groups=0(root)
but can get the right groups if ssh into localhost:
Last login: Thu Feb 18 15:57:06 2021 from 127.0.0.1 jim@Cheyenne:~$ id uid=1000(jim) gid=0(root) groups=0(root),4(adm),24(cdrom),27(sudo),30(dip),46(plugdev),108(lpadmin),124(sambashare),997(microk8s),999(docker)
What else could it be? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.