Installed the latest (as of two weeks ago) 20.04 as a dual boot. Tried many solutions found online, none work, and many seem to have parts of the puzzle already installed that I do not see (like seeing i2c or ELAN in Ubuntu). Have done about 6 re-installs to clean up any mess I make from trying old fixes. My old (dying) Dell Vostro works as expected, but has the Synoptics touch pad.
- Acer Laptop Aspire 5 A515-56-76J1
- Win 10 Home OEM install, the touchpad works.
- BIOS has no touchpad option
- WIN 10 shows ELAN I2C filter Driver, 04/22/2020, VER 13.1.181
- In Ubuntu, Blacklist does not have i2c_i801
- cat, xinput, and some others do not see I2C, ELAN, or touchpad. Did some compares with the Dell, and I do not see anything related to the touchpad on the ACER but I do on the Dell.
- Last attempt was modifying GRUB (phethost's video). Also tried a lot from the 16.0X era.
Is there a solution that might help given that I do not see the things others seem to before they find a fix?
Ray, a lost novice