What are the steps to install Ubuntu 12.04 with Pendrivelinux, universal USB installer exactly?
- Download the iso which you want from here
- Download the universal usb installer.Insert your pendrive and start the application
- Follow the instructions on screen.See this for more info.
- Keep the flash drive inserted & reboot
- Make sure that the bios is set to give first preference to flash drives rather than hard drive
- Click on
Try ubuntu from flash drive. Once you log into 12.04 it will give you an option to install it(But wait not so fast!!!!)
- During installation you will be given a set of options one of them is
Partitioning. Refer to this. this will help you partitioning your system
- then start the install
- Follow onscreen instructions
- After install is over dont forget to update
After making it bootable, boot into the live version of it and click on install. It will start a series of steps where the hard drive partitioning part is where you have to be a bit careful. If you prefer to partition manually, choose that option and allocate space for your root folder. Basically these are the steps that you need to follow.