Ubuntu 20.04 won't wake up from sleep
- Whenever the laptop suspends (either due to a closed lid or due to a black screen for a certain time), I cannot wake it up.
- The laptop does not respond to keystrokes and power button clicks. As a result, I always have to hold the power button to shut it down and then power it up again.
- Model: Dell Inspiron 15 3593
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-1035G1 CPU @ 1.00GHz × 8
- Graphics: Mesa Intel® UHD Graphics (ICL GT1)
- RAM: 16GB DDR4
- Storage: 512GB SSD + 1TB HDD
- OS: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS 64bit
- There are no drivers in the additional driver's tab and there are no updates. Also, I have added the repository of dell for focal: http://dell.archive.canonical.com/updates? focal-dell .
- System logs: https://pastebin.com/71pnhiaZ
Thank you in advance!
GRUB_CMD_LINUX="nouveau.modeset=0"in grub config and it didn't work.
GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX="nouveau.blacklist=1"in grub config and it didn't work.
- I switched to an old kernel version:
5.0.0-1070-oem-osp1and made it the default choice because under this kernel the issue is resolved.
- I used this guide for changing the default kernel: How can I boot with an older kernel version? . Thank you @B.Tanner for the idea. I really hope that it will be fixed for newer Kernels in the future.
- Reported bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1909005