Below are the steps that caused this to happen:
- With laptop plugged in, have laptop sleep for an extended period (e.g. overnight)
- While laptop is sleeping, unplug power
- Wake laptop
- Laptop shows Ubuntu log in screen briefly with a battery critical warning, followed by black screen with
Low battery, powering offon top right corner
- Laptop powers off
- Power on laptop again
- Laptop boots into Ubuntu and shows 100% battery
- Plugging in power shows battery fully charged
This is not a battery issue since I can safely run my laptop on battery for hours with no issue.
This is on a Thinkpad X1 Extreme Gen 2 with NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Max-Q 4GB GDDR5.
I have hibernate disabled (less swap than memory)
Not sure how this can be happening, as the Thinkpad X1X Gen 2 is certified by ubuntu