All the answers I've been able to find are for LXDE but I need the answer for LXQT.

What command/DBus message opens the main menu? Clicking the existing entry in the Shortcut Keys utility only lets me enable/disable it, not modify the shortcut or see what command it runs.

Is there a way to see what command the existing entry runs? The documentation doesn't seem to have a configuration file location.

  • 1
    So you don't want the default Super key to open LXQt's menu? You want to set it to something else?
    – DK Bose
    May 26 '20 at 4:21
  • I could change it to Meta+Space through the GUI. What difficulty are you facing?
    – DK Bose
    May 26 '20 at 4:26
  • Looks like it is that simple. Fro some reason I thought that since I can't edit the command, I can't change the shortcut key either. Just curious though, what is the command that gets executed by this binding? May 26 '20 at 5:04
  • I'll see if I can dig that out for you.
    – DK Bose
    May 26 '20 at 5:09
  • Hmmm... look in ~/.config/lxqt/globalkeyshortcuts.conf for path=/panel/mainmenu/show_hide and look in /usr/share/lxqt/lxqt-panel/mainmenu.desktop which has Type=Service and ServiceTypes=LXQtPanel/Plugin. Neither indicate a conventional command! Sorry I can't help more but I'll pass on your query to guiverc who is part of the Lubuntu team.
    – DK Bose
    May 26 '20 at 5:33

In Lubuntu 20.04, pressing the Super_L key, aka the left Meta or Windows key, launches the LXQt menu.

To change that, use Menu > Preferences > LXQt Settings > Shortcut Keys.

In the GUI that opens,

GUI for changing shortcuts in LXQt

scroll to the item having the description Show/hide main menu. Select that line by left-clicking on it and then click on Modify near the top right.

Click in the box Shortcut box showing Super_L and type your preference. Then OK and close the GUI. You're done.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.