It appeared like it worked but when I opened tmux, after every command I get the error:
_update_ps1: command not found
I'm pretty sure that this is something left over from
powerline-shell, but I cannot figure out where it's getting called. I don't see anything in my
.tmux.conf files that are calling it (my tmux file is at this gist).
System: Ubuntu 20.04
Edit: Thanks to a pointer from a friend, I've identified the problem. tmux starts with the environment variable
PROMPT_COMMAND set to
_powerline_status_wrapper _powerline_set_prompt history -a; history -c; history -r; _update_ps1; history -a; history -c; history -r; _powerline_status_wrapper _powerline_tmux_set_pwd. I can change it manually every time I open a new window, but I don't know where or why it's getting set.