Having a dickens of a time trying to install 20.04 via USB, attempting a dual boot alongside Win 10. I can get to the installer envrionment but it will randomly freeze after a couple of seconds in (can't get to terminal afterwards). The furtherest I have made it is the 'Something else' option. I have also tried the 'Try Ubuntu' option but it will again randomly freeze once it gets to desktop. Things I have tried:
- Verified the .iso;
- Used two different USB sticks;
- Disabled secureboot in bios along with enabling UEFI/Legacy;
- Entered 'nomodeset' in GRUB;
- Tried unsuccessfully with unetbootin.
My system configuration:
- MSI MEG Z390 ACE Gaming Motherboard
- 32 Gb RAM
- i9 i9900kf
- RTX 2080 Super
- 860 EVO M.2 SATA SSD 1TB
- Corsair K68 Keyboard
- Logitec Wireless MX Master 2S
Is it possible that my peripherals are causing this issue? I don't have a DVD Drive, so I can't test this with a disc. Any help appreciated!