I want to install NVIDIA graphics driver in ubuntu 16.04. In order to do that I went to Additional Drivers tabs in software & Updates, but there are multiple options available and I don't have an idea which one to choose.
- Using NVIDIA binary driver - version 415.27 from nvidia-415 (open source)
- Using NVIDIA binary driver - version 430.64 from nvidia-430 (open source)
- Using NVIDIA binary driver - version 410.78 from nvidia-410 (open source)
- Using NVIDIA binary driver - version 384.130 from nvidia-384 (proprietary)
- Using X.Org X server - Nouveau display driver from xserver-xorg-video-nouveau (open source)
- Using NVIDIA binary driver - version 418.56 from nvidia-418 (open source)
Is this a complete random process? I mean, how do I know which one is the best option for me? Do I have to install every driver and check which one works for me?
- Series : Predator Helios 300
- Model Number : G3-572
- Graphic Processor : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1050Ti
- OS Architecture : 64 bit
Is there any alternate best practice to install NVIDIA driver? I would really appreciate someone's advice/guidance on this.