GPU: ATI 1950XT PCI-E graphics card
CPU: Intel Quad core 2, 64bit, 2.666Ghz, 1333mhz FSB
Mobo: Asus p5kpl/1600 https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5KPL1600/specifications/
- 8 GB memory installed, but only 4 GB working
- 4 SATA-II ports
/dev/sda SSD SATA-III 250 GB
/dev/sdb SSD SATA-III 500 GB
/dev/sdc HDD SATA-II 750 GB
All running from Lubuntu 'live' version
I had a special setup in mind because my mainboard (which I bought 2 months ago, is too old! And appears to have everything, but BEFORE the transition to SATA 3, Pci-e 2.0, etc...
So to try to get the most out of the pc, by speed and against boot-up problems..... untill i get laptop I did the following:
- Sda0 => ext4 /boot (boot separated to have less boot failures)
- Sda1 => ext4 /
- Sda2 => Ntfs Windows 7
- Sda3 => Ntfs General Space for backup of my documents, personal files, music, etc!
- Sdb0 => Linux swap partition
- Sdb1 => ext4 /home (maybe also /opt added later on)
- Sdb2 => Program files (Non-system oriented programs for windows) + swapfile
- sdb3 => Ntfs (General space for backup of my documents, personal files, music, etc!)
My goal is to have both Ubuntu and Windows working so I can switch between both environments. But also, when one fails.... I can use the other!
The key problem: After I installed Ubuntu studio or Lubuntu... After it wen't to the standard boot-up tests, The bootup process won't go further than the flashing dash and stays that way until oblivion!
What I tried to solve the problem:
- Looked through documentation about the boot-up process and the kinds of boot processes
- Destroyed and recreated the partitions
- Tried to get change through enabling and disabling bootflags
- Tried to install windows 7 instead (GPT problems, while all the partitions are simple primary partitions! Never ever had this problem before!)
- I tried to use Geparted live to make partitions
- I tried through KDE Partition manager
- I tried to change the boot order through Bios
- Live CD finds nothing to repair!
All zero luck! How can I get this &*% to work? It's driving me nuts!
I think the major problem started after I tried to reconnect an 3,5 inch sata drive to get the files off it...
Thanks in advance,