0

I've spent hours trying to install this piece of software...

$ sudo dpkg -i mysql-workbench-community_8.0.19-1ubuntu19.10_amd64.deb

OUTPUT:

Selecting previously unselected package mysql-workbench-community.
(Reading database ... 199994 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack mysql-workbench-community_8.0.19-1ubuntu19.10_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking mysql-workbench-community (8.0.19-1ubuntu19.10) ...
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of mysql-workbench-community:
 mysql-workbench-community depends on libatkmm-1.6-1v5 (>= 2.24.0); however:
  Package libatkmm-1.6-1v5 is not installed.
 mysql-workbench-community depends on libglibmm-2.4-1v5 (>= 2.54.0); however:
  Package libglibmm-2.4-1v5 is not installed.
 mysql-workbench-community depends on libgtkmm-3.0-1v5 (>= 3.24.0); however:
  Package libgtkmm-3.0-1v5 is not installed.
 mysql-workbench-community depends on libmysqlclient21 (>= 8.0.11); however:
  Package libmysqlclient21 is not installed.
 mysql-workbench-community depends on libpcrecpp0v5 (>= 7.7); however:
  Package libpcrecpp0v5 is not installed.
 mysql-workbench-community depends on libpython2.7 (>= 2.7); however:
  Package libpython2.7 is not installed.
 mysql-workbench-community depends on libsigc++-2.0-0v5 (>= 2.8.0); however:
  Package libsigc++-2.0-0v5 is not installed.

dpkg: error processing package mysql-workbench-community (--install):
 dependency problems - leaving unconfigured
Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.32.0-1ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.23-4ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for mime-support (3.60ubuntu1) ...
Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme (0.17-2) ...
Processing triggers for shared-mime-info (1.10-1) ...
Errors were encountered while processing:
 mysql-workbench-community

I'm totally clueless as to what to do. I tried googling, I tried installing from the sources, turned out pointless...I need help.

  • Baaah...none of them answers works!!!!! I totally gave up on installing this roobish and installed dbeaver instead. It took me two minutes or no, perhaps more like three minutes, to be precise. So if anyone is trying to do what I did, listen to me and DO NOT spend your time on that trash. I've figured this problem installing this buggy code has been known for many years. At least that's the case with the community version. The whole thing is not going to change any time soon. Dbeaver is what you need. – Albert Feb 23 at 7:40