From one day to another (probably after an automatic update), when I log in to my profile, I do not see window decoration or the start menu. If I use another user, everything works fine. I had this problem before, so I know it is unity and compiz related. Back then, I solved it by moving away the
compizconfig directory, but this does not do the trick this time, although it seems to be a profile-related issue.
The error message reads:
Sorry, Ubuntu 16.04 has experienced an internal error.
If you notice further problems, try restarting the computer.
Title: compiz-config-profile-setter crashed with SIGSEGV in cssObjectGetInterface_()
CompizPlugins: No value set for '/apps/compiz-1/general/screen0/options/active_plugins'
This error message appears only sometimes, the launchpad is never around though.
How do I fix my broken profile with minimal effort?
- Desktop with no 'sidebars' and cannot get out unless switch off computer describes exactly my problem, but was closed off as being duplicate (to the following two questions)
- Unity doesn't load, no Launcher, no Dash appears describes a different problem
- 2/15/18 compiz update broke unity did not solve my issue
- List and enable/disable Compiz plugins on command line helped me to list all plugins, but what do I do next?
- ubuntu 13.10 no launcher and no dash appears is for an older version
- Ubuntu 16.04 - Unity doesn't load - no Launcher or Dash appears no accepted answer
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/1758009 original source