I have been attempting to connect to my home server running Ubuntu 19.10 over TeamViewer from my other devices (Linux computers, Android phones or Windows computers) in vain. I have tried fiddling with Xorg configurations, installing and uninstalling various things.
- Unable to connect to the server without a monitor connected. It does connect, but I end up on a black screen.
When I installed
xserver-xorg-video-dummypackage and tried setting Xorg configurations in
/usrin their respective paths, I could no longer log into Ubuntu by entering username and password via TeamViewer on the Ubuntu login screen, until I got rid of it via
Also, when I installed the package, my mouse and keyboard stopped working. Only through TeamViewer, it was accessible. Installing the package also disabled my monitor.
- The same issue persists when I am using with the monitor and I disconnect the monitor while TeamViewer is running.
What I am looking to do:
- Have a headless Ubuntu 19.10 server accessible over TeamViewer.
- Should be able to use when a monitor is also connected.
- All hardware should be accessible.
Any help or suggestion would be welcome, even the ones I have already tried in case I did it wrong.