- Ubuntu 18.04
- Darktable installed using snap
- darktable version 2.6.2
- darktable snap version 38 (ls -la /snap/darktable/current)
- https://github.com/lensfun/lensfun/blob/master/data/db/slr-sigma.xml has already vignetting correction for my favorite lens "Sigma 17-50mm f/2.8 EX DC OS HSM"
- my snap version (/snap/darktable/current/usr/share/lensfun/slr-sigma.xml) is probably based on lensfun 0.3.2, which does not have it.
- /snap/darktable is read only squashfs in snap, so simple override does not work :(
- I would prefer to keep using snap for darktable because it still gets faster updates than Ubuntu LTS.
- based on https://photo.stackexchange.com/questions/61942/how-to-add-lensfun-0-3-0-db-to-darktable-on-ubuntu I tried to put the newer slr-sigma.xml to following two locations, but without success: