I've got a very weird problem - my audio works perfectly, even under massive CPU load, but as soon as I start the Android Studio IDE, it becomes super laggy and distorted with glitches, cracks and pops. And this problem only occurs with Android Studio, and no other program!
I tried a lot of things:
- Disabling timer-based scheduling
- Giving pulseaudio better niceness value
- Enabling realtime settings
- Trying another sound card
- Trying other Java applications, they don't show the same problem
- Disallow resampling
- Setting the default sample rate
- Trying out IntelliJ IDEA, since Android Studio is based on that. The problem does not appear here.
Nothing fixed the issue. Does anybody know a solution for this?
My specs are:
- Amd Ryzen 9 3900X 12 core CPU
- 32 GB DDR4 RAM
- Main drive is a M.2 SSD
P.S. I'm not using the Android emulator, just the IDE