I'm trying to get my laptop to go to sleep when I shut the lid. Right now, it locks the screen on lid close, and sleeps once the password is entered. The current full sequence of events is:
- Shut the lid of the laptop
- Observe from the external power light that it does not sleep
- Open the lid, observe the lock screen is displayed
- Enter the password to unlock
- The machine instantly sleeps, and will stay asleep
- Wake the machine with the keyboard or power button
- The screen wakes, the "unlock" animation happens (without a password), and I'm at the unlocked desktop environment
I've toggled various "lid closed action" settings in Gnome and gnome-tweak tool. I can make the laptop ignore the lid closing entirely, but can't get it to sleep on lid closed (other than this sequence).
This happened on 18.04; I upgraded to 19.04 today and it still occurs. I very well could have altered a configuration that is causing this, but I don't know where else to investigate.
Thinkpad Carbon X1 3rd Gen.