I want to open a new Konsole tab with my keyboard. Is there a shortcut for that?
Works for me (in Kubuntu):
System Settings -> Shortcuts and Gestures -> Custom Shortcuts -> right-click -> New -> Global Shortcut -> Command/URL -> type a name (i.e. "Terminal" or "Konsole") -> choose tab "Trigger" -> click on None -> press Ctrl+Shift+T -> choose tab "Action" -> enter "konsole" for Command/URL -> apply
By default this combination (Ctrl + Shift + T) works in Ubuntu, but not in Kubuntu.
Here's how I assigned a shortcut to open the terminal (Konsole) demonstrated:
- Right-click on the Kickoff Application Launcher icon (in the left bottom corner of Desktop scene)
- Hit on Edit Applications...
- Expand System
- Hit on Konsole (Terminal)
- In right-side click on Advanced Tab
- In Current Shortcut Key set a new shortcut (Ctrl+Alt+T)
While adding a keyboard shortkut in the settings is the solution to your answer, I suggest a better solution than opening a new konsole every time:
sudo apt install yakuake
It has a global keyboard shortcut that is conigured at first start and it keeps your session with multiple terminal windows open in the background all the time.