I have a computer with a 500gb SSD. In a 100GB partition, I have installed Windows 10 and it boots fine. I am now trying to install Ubuntu 19.0.4 in dual boot. I have tried many different options but the installation always stops at keyboard layout selection. Here is what I have done:
- Shrunk windows partition
- Created a new partition for Ubuntu
- Tried to install Ubuntu but it freezes at layout selection
- Tried to install the non-graphic installation, also freezes
- Tried to launch gparted from live USB but it freezes
- Tried to install 18.0.4, same issue.
- Checked that windows was not on dynamic partitions, and it's not.
- Managed to open gnome disks and format the partition in ext4
- Partition mounts in Ubuntu Live USB but still can't install
- When I run "fdisks -l" I see the partitions, but with "permission denied"
What should I do? I feel like I have exhausted my options.
Update: I formatted the drive and reinstalled Windows 10, still the same issue.