I have 15 agents with thin clients running with Ubuntu Mate 18.04 and ltsp installed on server. I dont want my agents to have access to anywhere but 3 websites.
- I have already tried ip tables but had 2 problems. It slowed down my thin clients and it was back to default after each reboot.
- Browser extensions also don't work for me. First I have to set them up on each thin client and. anyway, I believe my agents are smarter than that.
- I dont know why but
/etc/hosts.allowdon't apply any changes.
/etc/hostsdoes make changes, but that gives me a blacklist for some websites while what I need is a whitelist.
- I can't change the router settings because some other people with different usage work in the morning shift and they need full access. as far as I know since we are dealing with voice rejecting a port is not a good idea and we better block URLs
- Since I want to hire more agents and I want them focused on their job, I really need something permanent.
- I also think blocking all traffic via squid proxy is not the best idea but I have not tried that