I want to be able to get the Yaru icon theme from Ubuntu 19.04 on Ubuntu 18.04, instead of the default Adwaita theme. How can I do this?
I have ripped the official Yaru icon theme from 19.04. Here is how you can get it on 18.04:
- Download Yaru.zip from http://gg.gg/YaruTheme. If you see "Google Drive can't scan this file for viruses", just ignore it and download anyway.
- Extract the Yaru folder from the archive.
- Press CTRL+H in Nautilus to show hidden folders.
- Click on the Yaru folder and hit CTRL+C to copy it.
- From the home directory, go to .local/share/icons
- Inside this folder, hit CTRL+V to paste the Yaru folder.
- Install Tweaks with
sudo apt install gnome-tweaks.
- Open Tweaks and go to the Appearance tab
- Change the "Icons" dropdown from Adwaita to Yaru.
- Done! You should now see your icons have changed to the Yaru icon theme.