I have recently started using linux - ubuntu 18.04 at work, so here is the list of apps I have installed that I need everyday:
- JetBrains Rider C# IDE (runs on JVM only)
- IntelliJ IDEA Scala (runs on JVM only)
- JVM Oracle
Here is the VM configuration (my company uses VMWare)
- 4GB RAM
- 1 processor/ 2 core.
- 50 GB SATA
- Network (Bridged mode)
- Sound/ Display (3D enabled with Auto Stretch)
now the problem is it keeps freezing for no obvious reason.
- when the build starts in Rider, it hangs.
- Sometimes opening more than 4 tabs in chrome hangs it.
- loading a workspace in postman hangs it.
- Rider IDE often gives error of out of memory during compilation sometimes
Sometime it takes 5-10 minutes to recover. sometimes I have to reset my machine (a virtual one off course). Surprisingly, a Windows 10 VM with identical hardware/software configuration runs smooth with no such problems.
so I'm pretty confused. All that is on internet that Hardware community is not so nice etc with LINUX hence it suffers native drivers. but to me it should not have any problem on a virtual machine.
so is this a common problem with LINUX that I'm facing everyday or is this me doing something wrong? and How do I fix it?