- Kubuntu desktop 18.04, tower
- Lubuntu desktop 18.04, laptop
- Windows 10, laptop
- I installed and configured samba server as per Install and Configure Samba in Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver
- My addition to
[kubuntu_home] path = /home/myusername available = yes valid users = myusername read only = no browseable = yes public = yes writable = yes
- I thought that there was a typo on the website, but when I checked it out on samba.org, I found that
writableis a synonym for
- I mounted the samba share as per How to Mount Samba Share in Ubuntu Linux
$ sudo mount -t cifs -o username=myusername,password=mypassword //192.168.###.###/kubuntu_home /mnt/kubuntu_home
- I mounted the samba share as per How to connect to Linux Samba shares from Windows 10
From Lubuntu, I can read files but cannot write.
- From Kubuntu,
ls -l ~shows files and directories as belonging to
- From Lubuntu,
ls -l /mnt/kubuntu_home/displays all files and folders as belonging to
- Somewhere along the way, I saw a suggestion to add
force user = myusernameto
smb.conf. This did not make a difference.
- No problems reading/writing from Windows.