I have installed Ubuntu 16.04 alongside Windows 10 like this, with the 64.77 GB partition being used for Ubuntu :
Whenever I restart/start my PC (Elitebook 8560w Workstation HP) the grub selection menu does not come directly, I have to:
- Keep pressing ESC, until the boot menu comes up,
- Press F9, I can select the hard-disk that I want to boot from (SSD or hard disk).
- Only now does the normal grub menu shows up.
Otherwise, I will encounter the "unknown file system" error and nothing happens.
I have tried the following solutions already to no avail:
- How to fix "error: unknown filesystem. grub rescue> including writing commands to rescue terminal
- Boot Repair application in Ubuntu.
However, none of them could work!. Moreover, writing
ls to grub rescue shows only (hd0) and
ls (hd0) shows again unknown filesystem error. So I am not able to move forward with this terminal solution.
Is there any possible case/solution for my situation?