I've been trying to get xrdp working on 18.04 for 2 days, and am about to throw in the towel. No matter what I do all I get is a green screen after trying to log into X11. If I wait long enough (10+ minutes) I get an error box that looks like this:
I have tried:
- installing just xrdp
- xrdp and xorgxrdp
- adding gnome-session to startwm.sh
- removing everything and using the Std-Xrdp-Install-0.2.sh script
- Making sure everything was up to date, including the distro
- Attempting connections from Windows 10, Windows 7, and Mac RDP
- Made sure that I am not logged into the desktop and it's not set to autologon
I'm just not sure what else to try. Most of the guides just say "install xrdp, and it works!" But it doesn't for me. This is a fresh install from ISO to bare metal. Not a VM.
Any other ideas would be appreciated.