Running a new install of Kubuntu 18.04 on Dell Optiplex 9020.
My display and audio are connected through a display port to my television. Problem is whenever my machine has been idle for >1 hour, the HDMI audio no longer works. Currently the only fix I have is to reboot the machine.
I have tried the following:
- Disabling all power-saving settings in System Settings
- Ensuring everything is unmuted in alsamixer
- Commenting out the line marked "load-module module-suspend-on-idle" in /etc/pulse/default.pa
pacmd set-default-sink alsa_output.pci-0000_00_03.0.hdmi-stereo-extra1(this does not return an error but neither does it change the default)
sudo killall pulseaudio
- Logging in and out does not fix the issue, only restarting.
- Suspending the machine and then unsuspending it does not replicate the issue.
Output when I run pacmd list-sinks