I cannot login because I cannot type English. I have tried many shortcuts other suggested but none of them helped me. I also tried recovery mode but I cannot type English even there and cannot do anything. Could you help me?
- logon to live session of Ubuntu.. (I have used Ubuntu 18.04 bootable USB)
- mount your root partition with below command (change sda5 with your root partition number)
sudo mount /dev/sda5 /mnt
- open the file
/mnt/etc/default/keyboardwith below command
sudo -H gedit /mnt/etc/default/keyboard
- The content in this file should look like similar to below, even if its not just make the content same like below.
Here: us=English us, jp=japanese, ru=russian. you can remove "us" if you dont want
XKBLAYOUT=us,jp,ru BACKSPACE=guess XKBVARIANT=,
- Save the file, Close.
- unmount the partition /dev/sda5 with below command
sudo umount /mnt
- reboot to see all the 3 languages at login screen..