How can I remap a modified key such as CTRL-j to another key (possibly modified), while leaving the key j alone?

I am using Ubuntu 18.04.

  • can you explain little more specific what do you want to achieve? – PRATAP Apr 17 '19 at 0:56

On ubuntu, keyboard shortcuts can be managed through 'Settings Editor' and 'Keyboard'. These programs can be respectively installed by

sudo apt install xfce4-settings-editor

sudo apt install xfce4-keyboard-settings

In xfce4-keyboard-settings (the simpler program), go to the 'Application Shortcuts' tab and double-click on the shortcut that you want to edit, presumably Ctrl+J, then edit the shortcut.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.