I'm running into problems when trying to install Ubuntu on my Zenbook Pro 14. I want to dual boot and run both Windows and Ubuntu. So far, the steps I've taken are
- Shrink Windows partition
- Use Rufus to create a bootable Ubuntu stick (tried both 18.10 and 18.04.2)
- Turn off Secure Boot and Fast Boot in the BIOS. I've seen other answers advising to enable CSM, an option which I can't seem to find in my BIOS.
- Boot to the USB stick
- Here I've tried both "Trying Ubuntu" and running the installer from there, and running the installer directly from GRUB.
- Inside the installer, the trackpad only works sporadically (per reboot) and the whole system freezes regularly. For instance, it freezes after trying to power down.
- When everything works, I get to the step where I can choose where to install Ubuntu. Here, only the USB stick is visible. The SSD is no where to be seen.
Any advice? I'm out of ideas. I even tried updating BIOS to see if there would be more options, to no avail.