I have two monitors. One is horizontal and one is vertical. I like to split my vertical monitor into up and down, so that I can have two windows on it, one on the upper part and one on the lower part. How can I do this?

I know one can use (super + arrows) to send a window right or left.

  • Not as such possible in Gnome, unfortunately, except for manual positioning and resizing. However, you could try one of several Gnome extensions for tiling that are out there.
    – vanadium
    Mar 19, 2019 at 20:29
  • Or make the monitor treated as two monitors see this askubuntu.com/a/998435/77093
    – cmak.fr
    Mar 19, 2019 at 21:42
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up using shelltile. It works OK.
    – SaTa
    Mar 23, 2019 at 2:09
  • 1
    You can still post that as an answer! :) May 9, 2021 at 16:44


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .