This is what worked for me using Evolution 3.22.0, on Ubuntu 18.04, with gtk 3.22
It is important to do every one of these steps, in order, because, Evolution can quickly overwrite the keyboard shortcuts to default, when it opens or when it closes.
- Make sure that Evolution is not running.
- Open the file
~/.config/evolution/accels with a text editor
- Find the line for the command you want to edit, for example
Reply to All which looks like:
; (gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/mail/mail-reply-all" "<Primary><Shift>r").
Here the spaces are only for indentation, but the semicolon at the beginning of the line comments-out the line.
- Remove the semicolon and make your change so that line might look now like, for example,
(gtk_accel_path "<Actions>/mail/mail-reply-all" "<Super>r").
- Make sure you save, and then close the file in your text editor.
- Now, re-open Evolution and you should see that the keyboard shortcut for
Message->Reply to All has changed.
Special thanks to the members of the evolution-list support mailing list who helped me learn this.