I have a laptop with 128gb SSD on which I have windows 10 installed and a 1tb on drive which I have Xubuntu. Now I want to shrink the size of the Xubuntu partition and want to use the unallocated space as a media partition for both windows and Xubuntu. And I want that partition to show up as D drive in Windows. Can anyone help me with this.
- Make a Live USB with Ubuntu (tutorial here) or create a Live CD with Ubuntu ISO
- Run Live Ubuntu and install GParted or open it if is installed.
- In the left side, on top, select the hard disk (1TB HDD) -> [ /dev/sdx (1024GB) ]
- Right-click on the partition you want to resize, then click Resize/Move
- Change the New size (MiB) value with the size you want on Xubuntu partition
- Click on Resize/Move button
- Edit -> Apply All Operations
- Create your new partition.
NOTE: When resize, is the possibility of data loss. Please create a backup with your data!