My X1E appears to suspend when I close the cover (the cover light and the power light slowly fade in and out. But when I try to resume, the screen stays dark except for an underline cursor in the upper left corner. Pressing keys does nothing.
Since Pop!_OS is based on Ubuntu and apparently has no problem with suspend/resume, does anyone know a fix?
Here are some more details:
- Lenovo X1 Extreme 4K display, i7-8750H, GeForce GTX 1050 Tk mobile
- BIOS set to Discrete graphics and no Secure Boot
- BIOS version 1.17
- Ubuntu 18.10 4.18.0-13
- nouveau drivers blacklisted, using nvidia-driver-415
- using Suspend from MATE menu, or closing lid appears to suspend: cover light and power light slowly fade in/out
- resume doesn't work, screen stays dark
- no ping or ssh response from a remote machine
- with grub debugging, the messages shown during resume attempt are:
Jan 11 19:03:40 pyxis kernel: [ 58.588082] snd_hda_codec_hdmi hdaudioC1D0: HDMI: invalid ELD data byte 3