How do I copy an audio CD to my Android 8.1.0 cellphone using Lubuntu 18.10?
Here's what I did to get it working:
- connect the phone using the provided USB cable.
- verify it opens PCManfile and check it's listed via 'lsusb'.
sudo apt install sound-juicer
sudo apt install lubuntu-restricted-extras
- reboot computer (steps 3-5 are #ubuntu ioria's instruction)
- copy tracks from CD to computer with Sound Juicer, adding CD information to musicbrainz as needed.
- search 'USB' in phone settings, tap to open settings page, change option from 'charge' to 'transfer files' to enable write permissions.
- create a directory on your phone from within pcmanfile to store files (i chose the SD card)
- copy-paste files between pcmanfile folders to copy tracks to your phone.
- check to see if there's some 'safely remove' eject-external-drive feature on taskbar; disconnect cable from phone after all files have copied if not.
- Navigate to the 'Files' app on phone by default. Navigate to the folder, change the listing setting to see filenames, and tap on file to play.
- Consider installing better software to play files.
You need to extract files from your CD and copy them on your cellphone. For extracting, I personally use Asunder, which is available in Lubuntu repository and pretty simple to use. For copy, you'll need to connect your phone to your computer with Bluetooth or USB cable.