- Lenova T440.
- External Samsung Blu-ray/DVD/CD drive, model SE-506.
- Boot order set to first device is CD/DVD drive.
I created an ISO file from Ubuntu 18.10, downloaded from ubuntu.org. I created the ISO on a DVD disc from my Mac (Mojave 10.14.2) using the above-mentioned Blu-ray/DVD/CD drive.
Upon attempting to boot, I can hear the drive being accessed, but the system does not boot. I'm wondering
- is the ISO I created is bootable.
- is there another problem or missing configuration in my BIOS settings that I need to successfully boot from the DVD disc.
Incidentally, I can't figure out how to configure this notebook to boot from USB stick. I don't see the option in the BIOS menus.
The images uploaded show
- boot device order
- screen that appears when trying to boot