My topology is as follows:
- 1 machine (Intel NUC) is my MAAS controller
- 1 machine HP dl380 g6 (128g ram 2x6core cpu, sda=1tb, sdb=2tb
- 1 machine Dell R710 (128g ram, 2x6core cpu, sda=1tb, sdb=11tb
- 2 machine Dell R710 (144g ram, 2x6core cpu, sda=1tb, sdb=11tb
- 1 virtual (running on nuc) 8g 4vcpu (juju controller)
I have applied tags as follows
netadmin@nero:~$ maas maas-admin tag nodes compute | grep fqdn "fqdn": "huge-bee.maas", "fqdn": "above-minnow.maas", "fqdn": "square-bat.maas", netadmin@nero:~$ maas maas-admin tag nodes neutron | grep fqdn "fqdn": "steady-badger.maas",
They map as follows: 3 compute are the Dell boxes, Neutron is the HP box (it has smaller disk) I wanted all compute/ceph boxes to have the 11tb disk for ceph.
When I go use conjure-up and deploy openstack-kvm I want the top 3 which have tag compute to be my compute/ceph nodes. And the neutron be my neutron and supporting apps.
When I go to NOVA-COMPUTE under constraints I have entered: tags=compute
When I apply, it accepts this and then the deployment executes. However, it does not bind the 3 tagged compute nodes to the 3 R710's.
I have tried going to neutron-gateway and constraining it to neutron with similar behavior.
mass 2.5rc2 (I have tried 3 versions of maas)