I have a Windows 10 machine with an AMD processor, and a GTX 1060.
This is the sequence of steps I perform on a fresh install of virtualbox:
- Make a new virtual machine with 2048MB of ram for Linux 32 bit and select ubuntu
- Make a new virtual hard disk VDI format with dynamically allocated size of 10gb.
- Press the start button and insert the ubuntu-16.04.5-desktop-i386.iso file into the disk rom
- Ubuntu starts on the purple loading screen, I get a flow of orange dots over the white dots below the word Ubuntu 16.04 to indicate some level of loading
- It stops with the first two dots left white and the last two dots are orange.
- No progress is made from this point
I have installed everything fresh, and downloaded the ISO right from the website and made no alterations. My question is, how can I get ubuntu to work given my current scenario. I have also tried Mint and encounter similar but not identical issues. Below is a picture of my screen that its been stuck at for 10 mins.