1

I'm a heavy user of workspaces and switch between them frequently using shortcuts alt+[number] such as alt+1 for workspace 1. However at times alt behaves like ctrl, which switches between the tabs in Chrome.

The desired behaviour of alt+[number] works 99% of the time, only very rarely it behaves like ctrl. But it's very annoying for the rest 1% of the time.

Other alt related shortcuts (alt+tab etc.) work fine. alt+ctrl+arrows works fine.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with Chrome. I have not observed this issue when focus on programs other than Chrome.

Ubuntu version: 18.04.1 LTS

Edit:
Recently I found that chrome does allow tab switching using alt+[number] (although the documentation only says ctrl+[number]). So this is likely be a chrome specific conflicting shortcuts issue.

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.