While updating Android Studio I got the following error. The patch was downloaded and extracted, but there was some conflict with
jre/bin/java Access denied. The error message is shown in the below screenshot.
What I found worked for me is with Android Studio running (before initiating the update patch download) I did
ps -ef|grep jre on the command line and saw there were 2 jre process running, the one for Android Studio and one of which was for the Gradle daemon which was also using the jre shipped inside Android Studio.
The Gradle daemon process will have something like this:
gradle-5.3.1/lib/gradle-launcher-5.3.1.jar org.gradle.launcher.daemon.bootstrap.GradleDaemon 5.3.1
towards the end of its command line when you list processes with
ps though of course the specific version you have may not be 5.3.1.
Killing the Gradle process and then starting the update download and then restart from inside Android Studio let the update proceed successfully.
Those answer above does not work for me. I'm about to upgrading to android studio 3.5 and I met this issue.
Kill the java process just make the upgrade terminated and then android studio restarted with the old version.
My work around is remove the old android-studio directory and download a new one from website and place it exactly where the old one is.
Hope it helps someone!
None of the answers above solved the problem for me. What I managed to do is to change the default jdk from the project structure.
Before you update Go to File -> Project Structure-> SDK Location. Then change the location to OpenJDK or Oracle JDK that you should have already installed in your machine. After that, update your android studio and every thing should be alright (Hopefully ... you how Google treats developers ;) )
It is very simple problem.
Thing that you will have to do is - go to the java named file in android installation folder (may be in
[the folder you extracted the android tar file to]/jre/jre/bin/java) and set permission - read and write.
Now you can update again.
For me this problem got fixed by following steps:
- change the path of java in the current project. (File -> Project Structure-> SDK Location)
- Close the current project.
- Restarted the machine (since multiple unsuccessful attempts in had done so thought of restarting).
Next time when i launched studio, it did not opened any project (since i had closed in the previous session). Now from Configure options i updated, and it worked successfully.