The sound from a bt speaker (JBL Flip 3) is distorted: sometimes ok for a few seconds but mainly it's crackling and interrupted intermittently. Also the connection process is sometimes tricky... I have to connect/disconnect several times.
The same speaker is working fine on another Ubuntu 16.04 laptop.
What I tried so far:
- It's not an hardware or intenference issue: it's ok if I boot with Windows
- Within Ubuntu, another bt headset works fine
- The good old trick of switching profile (A2DP/HFP) and then disconnect/reconnect doesn't solve
- I've reinstalled
pulseaudio-module-bluetoothwith no luck
dmesg is full of:
Bluetooth: hci0: last event is not cmd complete (0x0f)
Apparently others are experiencing the same issues: Ubuntu 18.04 and bluetooth speaker JBL Charge 3
- I've tried another JBL speaker (charge 3): same problem
- I've updated bluez to v5.50, no luck