- The subwoofer does not work on Lenovo Y720 on Ubuntu 18.04, so I have
changed some pins in
HDAJackRetask. I tried over 30 combinations, most of them gave me the same output, so here is what I found the best output with the most settings.
- The subwoofer does not work on Lenovo Y720 on Ubuntu 18.04, so I have changed some pins in
What information I have collected from HDAJackRetask:
- LFE and surround are two new settings which i did not have before. The problem is however, that they don't seem to do anything, I can't even adjust the LFE as it has no slider and the surround adjustment does no effect at all.
- In the screenshot there is also the pin
"0x14"which is the internal speaker. If I override that to
"Internal speaker (LFE)"or
"Internal speaker (Back)"I will suddenly get a lot more sound profiles in the Ubuntu settings, 2.1, 4.0, 5.0, 5.1 etc. but no matter what I choose it will result in no sound at all, so I stopped overriding that.
- With the HDAJackRetask configuration above, I get two profiles in the
Ubuntu sound settings. One called
"Analog Stereo Output"(which is my standard) and
"Analog Surroind 4.0 Output". Both works.
- After reading several posts about this problem and tracking the bug
on launchpad, it seems that
0x17is the subwoofer, but turning it on still does nothing.
List of everything I have tried:
HDAJackRetask: With the description above.
Ubuntu settings: On a fresh install there is only one kind of ouput speakers, which is
analog built in, so there is nothing to look up in settings.
File changes: I added:
load-module module-combine channels=6 channel_map=front-left,front-right,rear-left,rear-right,front-center,lfeat the end of
/etc/pulse/default.paand edited a line in
"enable-lfe-remixing: no" to "enable-lfe-remixing: yes". Please note that by doing this I actually got a subwoofer sound setting under settings, but it does not do anything, there is no difference in sound when it's on or off.
GitHub Lenovo Y50 script:
https://github.com/dragosprju/y50-subwoofer-linux-enablerwithout any luck too.
HDA Analyzer: I tried disabling power saver on the pins, look here for more: Lenovo Y50 Subwoofer does no work with Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS
The bug can be found at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+bug/1553685