I own a Dell Inspiron 5521r laptop with
- Ubuntu 18.04 operating system.
- Amd and Intel integrated graphics card. (As you all know there is no use of amd card as Ubuntu no longer support integrated cards)
- Intel i5, 1.8Ghz processor. 3337u
Problems I am facing
- Arrow keys keep working on their own. For example, If i read any PDF, automatically up arrow key take me to the first page.
- While writting, left arrow key will take me to the beginning of line. Not able to write. Sometimes not even able to enter password(my password is short, so I have to enter in one go that too very fast).
- It seems that up and left arrow key is getting freezed somehow.
- Ubuntu boot screen flickers with logo and bunch of codes running in the background. Although there isn't any error in booting.
Things I tried
- Reinstalling keyboard driver.
- These issues started after installing some software's and extensions like (synaptics, hardinfo, Dropbox extension), I removed all of them.
- Doing so resolved one issue i.e. earlier some keys used to get pressed more than once.
- In BIOS, there isn't any keyboard issue, which means the problem is with software, rather than hardware.
- Again same issue is in grub menu and tty screen. so i guess this bug has nothing to do with gdm3.
- Reinstalled Ubuntu still arrow key problem. However screen flickering problem resolved.
- Problem does not happen in guest account.