Title pretty much says it all.
lspci -v finds a sound card, but neither
aplay -l not
pacmd list-cards don't. Problem first surfaced when updating ubuntu to 18.04, which was a hail-mary attempt to fix an another probably unrelated issue with my login screen. I'm not sure whether or not my sound was working before the ubuntu update either, since the login screen issue arose when I got my machine back from warranty repair.
Alsa self diagnose: https://pastebin.com/787EwmQC
lspci -v: https://pastebin.com/K52mA74m
aplay -l: aplay: device_list:270: no soundcards found...
pacmd list-cards: 0 card(s) available.
Things to note:
- My boot time lasts a bit longer than I remember it lasting, maybe some kernel module thing fails?
- My pulseaudio daemon doesn't start on boot. Maybe unrelated but I think you should know.
- I'm running the newest ubuntu (18.04).
- Reinstalling many things, some probably multiple times.
- Robooting with various changes
- Deleting the local pulseaudio config in
- reseting default.pa (might have picked the wrong one to reset to)
- Adding myself to audio group
inxi -a sees the card and states that it's using the snd_hda_intel driver.