I had the same issues, I tried all of these solutions like switching off hardware acceleration (however, Chrome began hanging quite a bit for me but that is due to the high number of tabs I have open) and also it did not really work. I tried the other solutions and none worked. I restarted my computer and it worked temporarily only. But try that also just in case, you never know it might just work.
In the end, I tried checking what extensions were having access to YouTube from Chrome, I tried switching them all off except for the bare essentials (which was AdBlock), so what happened was I had an extension called HabitLab which definitely has some bugs because once I switched it off, YouTube began working normally. So the best thing for you to do might be to check your Chrome Extensions one by one (if the other solutions are not for you)