This is a list of risks when using external repositories I found.
Conflict between packages from external repositories and stable packages in system.
Conflict between external repositories each others.
The system may not support packages from external repositories.
- Unofficial repositories can contain trial or unstable packages. This is not really good for the system.
- Using too many repositories can make the process work slowly.
- Packages from external repositories can be changed in the future, affect the system.
- Malicious users can access and draw malwares into packages on open external repositories. You may install packages like this.
- Some external repositories may not be legal (typically because of export restrictions) to be enabled in some countries.
- Some open external repositories may contain packages' source code without license or copyright pushed by some careless users.
Do you have any solutions for these risks? This is a big server system. I want to use specifically repositories such as docker or kubernetes. Can I encounter these risks? And what should I do to avoid them?
P/s: If there are any spell or grammar mistakes, edit it. Thank you! Every improvement is welcome!