I have the following set up:
- Ubuntu 16.04-64 on host;
- LXC container running Ubuntu 16.04-64 connected through ssh;
- several django projects (pure django, django-cms, wagtail cms) located in separate dirs in the container inside /home/username/dir1, dir2, dir3;
- each project dir has separate /env folder which holds virtualenv environments (dir1/env, dir2/env, dir3/env).
I am trying to set up Eclipse(4.8.0) / PyDev(v.18.104.22.1688...) IDE on host to work on these projects. So far I came to the following solution:
- created ssh connection to container through RSE tools and imported each project dir (dir1, dir2, dir3) as PyDev Python projects to my workspace;
- mounted the entire container fs to the local dir on host (using instructions from user https://askubuntu.com/users/700824/pnti, given here Mount remote directory using SSH);
- provided path to python interpreters inside env folders and usr/lib/pythonX.X folders (in mounted container fs dir) through Properties > PyDev - Interpreter/Grammar settings.
PyDev complains about not finding some *.py files inside /site-packages dir. I've checked manually - all the files seem to be there. "Packages" tab (first tab inside interpreter config window) is empty (cannot load data from provided directories including pip tools). “Libraries” and “Forced builtins” tabs seem to be ok. According to my understanding virtualenv copies all packages to the environment and leaves no links to the base install.
Questions: 1. Is it just PyDev wrong error message or there is a chance that something is really missing in the env folder? 2. Why pip tools were not found? 3. Is it critical? I don't need pip integration and django integration - only debugging and code analysis functioning properly. 4. Is there an easy way to test it?
P.S.: I've read information from these questions:
- Mount remote directory using SSH