I brought a canon pixma G 2000 printer.I can't install it. Please help me to solve the issue.
Canon supply their cnijfilter2-5.40-1-deb.tar.gz from here http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100839901.html and download and SAVE the package
My summary suggestion would be to
1) install the above package; it does not have a ppd file for the G2000 so it likely will not work;
2) knowing that, let's add a ppd file for the G2000;
3) delete any entries in your PRINTER folder that were created by the first run of the install script
4) re-run the install script: any joy?
1)go here http://support-asia.canon-asia.com/contents/ASIA/EN/0100839901.html and download and save what will be cnijfilter2-5.40-1-deb.tar.gz
open a terminal; paste the commands below into the terminal; hit the ENTER key after each paste
cd Downloads tar -zxvf cnijfilter2-5.40-1-deb.tar.gz cd cnijfilter2-5.40-1-deb sudo ./install.sh
find the cluster of G3000 entries and change all to G2000; save as
and close Gedit
3) delete entries as describe above
4) open your PRINTERS folder; click the ADD button top-left it should find the G2000; click on till you get to PROVIDE PPD FILE as in photo .. so click the NONE box; look for your name at the top; when the dialogue box opens; click the LEFT arrow; to the left of your name; go the left of the HOME button and click the little icon to its left; that enters your file system and then navigate to go into /usr/share/ppd and find the canong2000.ppd you created;