First of all I'd like to start off with the basic information regarding audio for HP laptops which previously shipped with Beats Audio and now with Bang & Olufsen.
- There is sound crackling in the left earphone when earphones/headphones are connected. This issue already has a solution.
- The other issue is that the speakers(of the laptop) does not sound full. And some people say that the subwoofer is not working (the pin is not connected). A post on reddit contains the solution, but that is for older devices with Beats Audio, and none exists for the newer ones with Bang & Olufsen I believe.
There have been several questions asked for the latter:
- How to fix bad quality sound (Bang & olufsen) on HP envy 13
- Subwoofer and Bang&Olufsen speakers not working in HP envy 14-j107tx
- How to make subwoofer work in Ubuntu
..and many more
What do I know?
Maybe it can be fixed with HDAJackRetask GUI from
alsa-tools-gui package(according to the reddit thread). I don't know the remapping for my particular laptop.
There are two front speakers powered from motherboard and two back speakers powered by separate amplifier. The speakers powered by the amplifier don't work.
The closest I've been to it is with this bug report. 2 years and still not a fix by HP. Shame. But there are some workarounds to be found in the thread(also including the mute LED which doesn't work by default). Totally worth having a look.
My personal laptop is HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14-ba074TU with ALC295.
If someone has any knowledge related to the topic, please share.