Recently I installed LibreOffice 3.5 from debs (including the ones for desktop integration. Since then it behaves in a weird manner. Basically it won't launch from launcher shortcuts. Example:
- dash > libreoffice launched (launcher shows with 2 seconds delay) > 'keep in launcher'
- LO closed
- the LO icon on the launcher clicked > pulsating for 5 seconds, then stops > LO didn't launch
- I didn't look for open processes or anything and...
- dash > libreoffice launched immediately without problems
It also didn't remember recently opened items, but now it got fixed somehow.
- icon on the launcher and all menu categories appear with a delay of few seconds
- two writer icons appear on the launcher
What I did:
- used 3.4.5, uninstalled, installed 3.5 RC3, problems started to occur
- uninstalled RC3 'clean' per http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_LibreOffice_on_Linux#Debian_.2F_Ubuntu_3
- installed 3.5 stable which is identical to RC3
- still same issues
I don't know if it is related but I use Unity test PPA:vanvugt/unity which I needed to solve the stuttering windows bug.