My work calendar is available at
https://username:firstname.lastname@example.org/caldav.php/username/calendar (example, but results are same with valid creds).
The new Calendar in Bionic looks great, and syncs well with other services, so I'd like to have my work calendar integrated to the view at top of screen in default Gnome 3.28.1
If I try to add it:
- In Gnome Calendar, I select "Calendars"
- I click "Add" > "From Web ..."
- I enter the valid calendar URL and creds (eg
- A progress bar shows briefly behind the URL text entry field
- The "Add" button remains greyed out / without text
How else can I add my CalDav work calendar to my desktop environment?
I can access the calendar using
curl with the same URL or
curl --user username:password (ie Basic Auth).
- Gnome Bug 720519 - Add separate components for CalDAV and CardDAV accounts
- Debian Bug 866794 - gnome-calendar: No CalDAV support?
- Caldav _kind of_ available for Calendar? (17.10)
- CalDAV client for Ubuntu (16.04, answer involves substantial indirection setting up OwnCloud with dummy email etc)