Within a JuJu/MaaS setup, adding a machine(series=win10) and deploying the "noop" charm results in the following error:
2018-06-01 13:16:26 ERROR juju.worker.deployer.service password_windows.go:128 retrying to change password on service ing; error: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
2018-06-01 13:16:26 ERROR juju.worker.dependency engine.go:551 "unit-agent-deployer" manifold worker returned unexpected error: cannot reset jujud password: could not change password: could not change password for all jujud services: The specified service does not exist as an installed service.
Consequently, the noop unit is stuck with the message "installing agent" in the juju model. The error message repeats every few seconds. Machine's log file: machine-36.txt
- Windows 10 Enterprise is used i.e. supported version of Windows 10(At least according to juju's source code).
- The windows MaaS image is tested separately i.e. without JuJu. Successfully deployed to a MaaS node.
- Adding a Windows 10 machine to the JuJu environment, without deploying any charm/bundle, is successful i.e. juju status shows the machine in a "started" state
- Moreover, the C:\Juju folder created within machine-36 has a valid structure i.e. no missing juju executables
- The error clearly references a non-existing service called "ing". I've checked for the existence of this service by writing the C++ code equivalent of " juju/service/windows/service_windows.go" lines 177 to 216, and executed that code directly in machine-36
- JuJu version 2.3.8-xenial-amd64 and MaaS version 2.3.3 (6498-ge4db91d-0ubuntu1~16.04.1)
- The noop charm's Metadata file is slightly modified to include win10. As it's info page indicate, it is a very simple no operation charm. And indeed there is only one hook file which includes only a status update.